It was my first birthday party for a child. I really didn't know what I was doing and I seriously, seriously overspent. I didn't mean to. I set out with the best of intentions. It just happened.
The pizza delivery was about $80.
I don't even know what the cake cost, but I'm guessing about the same.
Paper plates, favors, and pinatas were another $60.
Juices boxes, soda, and other treats were in the $20 range.
The total came to about $10 per person, which is simply too much for a child's party. For the sake on contrast, I've thrown cocktail parties and even dinner parties this month with a lower per person tally.
On one hand, we have enough leftovers to eat for a week and paper plates for our next few parties. We also saved by skipping an expensive venue and Thomas themed merchandise.
On the other hand, I really wish I'd bought everything at the dollar store, made cupcakes instead of asking my own cheap mama to buy a cake, and purchased the pizza from a cheaper parlor. All in all, I could have saved more than half.
So, if you have the benefit of reading this before you throw a child's party, be sure to check out this site for great tips: http://www.essortment.com/family/birthdaychildre_scnn.htm.
Would it be unethical to sell the presents on Ebay? Yeah, I guess so...
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment