Monday, April 14, 2008

Kiddie Consignment Sales

Last week, in an effort to make a few bucks and score some spring toys, I participated in a consignment sale. Basically, you get an id number and create tags with your id and the price you would like to get for your items. You bring the items to a drop-off point, drop them off, pick up whatever doesn't sell later the next day, and get a check for 60% of your revenues in a few weeks.

Honestly, I don't thinkI made a ton. Maybe $40? That won't pay for much. The real payoff to participating, though, is getting to shop the pre-sale for consigners. Before the doors open to the public, consigners can shop away. For $80, I bought a wagon, a shiny red tricycle (!), a plastic lawnmower, a box of duplo blocks, a baby backpack, an indoor tent, and a Spring/Summer wardrobe for my boys. The wagon alone would have cost that much AND I get to feel good about giving another mom the money and not filling up landfills with toys.

The woman who ran the event is hosting another soon. Check out her website for more info: http://www.freewebs.com/treasuredtwice/index.htm.

No comments: