While we know (or at least suspect) that there are deals to be had a warehouse clubs, it seems like you can't get in and out of one without spending a few hundred dollars.
A week ago, I received a trial membership to BJs in the mail. I decided to give it a whirl and see if I could score anything bargains. After cruising BJs for about forty minutes, toddler and baby in tow, I decided that you can, but you need to be careful.
Real Bargains
Canned and jarred items
Bread
Milk
Condiments
Slight Bargains
Cheese
Meat
Fruit and veggies
Pet food and litter
Paper goods
Not Bargains
Diapers
Baby food (they don't have anything organic, anyway)
Serious Mistakes
Buying large amounts of things you don't need or want!
Getting lured in by candy or impulse items as you walk in.
Look at Consumer Reports for some additional tips...
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/money/shopping/where-to-buy/warehouse-clubs-5-07/overview/0507_ware_ov.htm
And follow my adventures this month. I took $250 out of my food budget to shop at BJs. Will it pay off?
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment