Thursday, May 8, 2008

Dust off your college books...

OK, this one is shady.

BUT, THEY PAY IN POUNDS!!!

If you're a good writer and still have a few books/ideas floating around from your college days. I think I mentioned this, but THEY PAY IN POUNDS. The money is sent to you through your PayPal account. Get a topic, submit a proposal, write a paper, get PAID IN POUNDS.

So, why is it shady? When you read the request e-mails, the topics and instructions sure sound a lot like college papers. Hmm. I wonder who the clients are. D&D does post the briefs they receive on some sort of site to prevent students from submitting them as their work, but...

Should you chose to go this route (and I did once), chose a topic you can write about easily. I spent hours learning about Nixon and the Chinese to write a two-page brief. The whole process took close to ten hours, for which I was paid 60 pounds. That's about $12 an hour. On the other hand, I could bang out a comparable ed brief in about an hour or two. Much more reasonable.

Still, the whole thing made me feel icky.

No comments: