Sunday, February 10, 2008

Things they love...

I guess romance doesn't have to be all about me. Today we took our son to the auto show in Philadelphia. I have never seen such love.

Most major cities have an auto show, so just google your city and auto show to get more information. Then, go to your city's website to find otu when ther kids' day will be held. Our toddler got to sit in the driver's seat of some fabulous rides and I got to drop hint about the Volvo SUV I would someday like to upgrade to from my old SAAB hatchback (OK, it may never happen, but it makes the Honda Pilot I'll probably end up with look more affordable!). In addition, there were give-aways (!) and several playrooms to enjoy. The tally: $24 for the show, $10 for my train ticket, and about $30 for lunch. We left with a Valentine's Day gift for Gramsie made in one of the playrooms, a ton of car pictures to cut up for crafts, crayons and coloring books, and some really great memories. My personal favortie: my toddler sitting in the driver's seat showing me "where the coffee goes!"

1 comment:

kng0121 said...

It is wonderful to see love in the eyes of the little ones, even though they are directed at cars, trains, or dinasour skeletons. Sure, kids offer hugs to parents, or are nice to their siblings as instructed. I am talking here about unscripted, unrequited love.

I will easily trade fancy food and drinks to see a child's face light up when he or she first catches a glimpse of that a steam-engine train or a model airplane. It makes all the planning and the cajoling that something fun is waiting at the end of a long car-ride worthed.