So, I managed to eat out of the pantry and freezer for most of the week (supplemented by some great fruit and veggies from Produce Junction). We even had "bar food supper" last night - frozen french fries, frozen tex mex spring rolls, and frozen pocorn shrimp. Made a few sauces (instant buffalo is the best - add a few drops of Franks to some lowfat blue cheese dressing), opened a few beers (the kids were in bed), and we had a decent meal.
Still, I blew it. I went to Target and hit a sale on 100 calorie packs, formula, and Lean Cuisine. None of which are a bargain, even on sale...
Which brings me to my questions...
Do these people who spend $100 on groceries per week include formula, diapers, and recreational beverages?
For the purpose of this blog, I will count anything any member of our family drinks, including formula and the occasional beer...not diapers!
I've taken the leap of ordering bulk items through Amazon. They generally seem like good deals, but will eat about $25 out of my weekly food budget, plus about $25 for formula. That leaves $50 for everything else! Could it be the end of Pierre Robert and the beginning of cheap camembert???
And I only have two weeks to get it sorted out, because Cheap Mama wil have a new mission next month...
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment