Kim, you found me out. I am coming after your DOCTOR boyfriend with a plate of warm chocolate chip cookies. It’s just taken me about a decade to summon up the nerve!
Just kidding. You must be out of your mind. I can't believe I have to waste my time with this nonsense, but you're clearly worked up. Hopefully, these clarifying points will put your mind at ease.
1. I am very happily married (to my second husband). My husband and the boys mean the world to me.
2. People don’t send pictures of their children to seduce people. They just don’t. It’s weird. And, believe it or not, most men don’t find it all that hot.
3. Obsessing? Well, discovering that you are stalking me on-line has caused me to obsess a bit over the past few days. The thing is, I’m a busy gal and find it difficult to make time to obsess. I have a job, a big family, friends, two small children, and hobbies. You, on the other hand, seem to have made a lot of time to obsess over me. Especially at 3 am!
4. Mental illness? None that I know of. How about you?
5. Body odor? It’s possible; I admit it! I was using a tanner at the time that could smell a little funky.
6. So boring? I doubt it, although I’ve always been a bit of an academic type!
7. My husband is well aware that I send the occasional e-mail to N. He doesn’t care. Why should he? N is an old friend that I treat like any other old friend. I am devoted to K and he knows it. The people I know tend to stay in touch with old friends. You were at my dad’s funeral. About 20 of the people there were ex-boyfriends or ex-girlfriends of people in my family. I thought that was awfully sweet of you, by the way. I wrote that to N when he wrote to me to apologize for missing the luncheon. But then, you probably know that as you are clearly reading his e-mail. That said, if you want to call my husband, go ahead and do so. N can tell you where he works and you can just call their general number and ask for my husband.
8. The overwhelming majority of the very few e-mails I’ve sent N have been about my family. A few have been restaurant recommendations (as in, places to take you). Two have been birth announcements. Of course, you probably know that.
9. The voice in my blog is a semi-fictional character for a book I’m writing. In reality, my husband and I have a beautiful home in a great neighborhood and travel as extensively as possible with two small children. I am very frugal, though. I was raised to understand the value of our world’s limited resources. No matter how much money we have, I want my children to see things the same way.
10. If the occasional holiday greeting or picture of my kids troubles you so much, just tell N. He’s an understanding guy.
N called me today, to say hi and catch up. He really is a great friend.
Actually, you sound like a very patient girlfriend. N told me that you have been dating for seven years! What an awfully long time to go without a commitment…you must be very devoted.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Dear Cheap-Mama,
I am in love with your brilliance. If you weren't so f*king happily married, I'd propose to you RIGHT NOW.
XOXO
-Goblinkat >^..^<
Aw, goblinkat, you're too sweet. I was tempted to tell N when we spoke, but I opted not to. We were having too much fun reliving the old days!
Actually, my name is Nevine and I just got back from my honeymoon. The ex and her parents and grandmother came to the wedding and she was actually quite lovely. I have a tendancy to get overly jealous when stressed- and really did not want her invited. But hey, if you have a good recipe for choc chip cookies- i'll take it . Her name is not Eleanor, but I am not a brunette babe either!
PS- i work nights so 3 AM is not that weird. She had sent him a picture of her nursing the baby from the hospital bed- I thought that was strange. I asked her at the wedding and she said his name had gotten on a list and he had gotten that picture by mistake ! She smelled good too. :) Found your blog while looking for something else- then my guy taught me how to BLOG!
Post a Comment